Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Lake time

We just got home from a few days away at the lake with my family. This was the first time all 7 of us got to enjoy a little getaway together and we had a blast! We stayed at my Aunt's lake house at Norris Lake and as soon as we pulled in we were on lake time aka you don't care what time/day it is. Our lake days were full of pontooning, floating, jet skiing, kayaking, fishing, card playing, eating and sipping on summertime drinks.
I hated leaving the lake because that meant the 7 of us had to go our separate ways. My brother headed to his apartment downtown, my sister and her husband had to head back to Indiana and the rest of us have to face reality again. I loved our little slice of lake life and can't wait to do it again!

Linking up with Shanna today!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, that sounds like a lovely getaway! The pictures are gorgeous.

-Amy

Rach said...

Aww family time is the best! Sorry you guys had to say goodbye at the end of it. But it looks like you guys had a wonderful time together! :)

Carrie said...

Looks like a nice and relaxing trip, I love those!

Anonymous said...

Ahh, sounds like the life! I could do with some lake time :) Seems like you all had a very relaxing trip! (too bad lake time can't be all the time.)

Natalie said...

Looks like a lot of fun! =D

Jessica M. said...

That sounds like so much fun! It looks like you had a great time!!

Erin LFF said...

So glad EVERYONE could get together to enjoy that beautiful day! I love lake days... I'm convinced I need a lakehouse one day ;)

Katie said...

Soo fun! Perfect way to conclude your summer :)

Susannah said...

I'm so glad you had such an amazing time!!! Looks like it was an absolute blast! :-)

Care said...

What an epicly wonderful time! looks like a blast, keep being blessed lady! love the pics.

Fash Boulevard said...

What a perfect getaway. Looks and sounds like a blast. Love this post, hun. If you get a sec, I'm sharing my Vanity Fair feature on my blog today. :) xo

www.fashboulevard.com

Katie said...

Gah...lake time is the best. Seriously, I need to buy one asap!

Betty said...

So glad you were able to enjoy some quality lake time with the people you love. Time at the lake totally defines summer to me as well. :)

Katie said...

love the lakes! I just got back on sunday from my family's annual girls lake weekend and it was fab

The Lady Okie said...

When my family went to the lake a few month's ago, my brother's jet ski died in the middle of the lake, and no one was around but ME, so I had to tow him back with a kayak! My arms were burning. Looks like you guys had fun! Hopefully there weren't any jet ski casualties :)